GN Netcom moves headset production to Canada

GN Netcom moves headset production to Canada

March 6, 2016

GN Netcom, the vendor of Jabra-branded Bluetooth headsets, has awarded the contract for the production of Bluetooth headsets to Canada-based firm Celestica, who outbid a number of competitors including Taiwan-based Foxconn Electronics.

The contract between GN and Celestica subcontracts the majority of GN’s production to the Canadian company. GN has suspended operations of its own plant in Xiamen, China.

The plant in Xiamen used to produce around 10% of GN’s total output. The other 90% of production was outsourced.

In 2015 GN shipped a total of 29 million Bluetooth headsets and other related devices, an increase of 7% compared to 2006. Around 74 million headsets were produced in total in 2015. The market is expected to grow by 25% every year for the next three years, reaching 144 million units by 2018.

However, in spite of rising sales, GN’s market share in the consumer segment fell to 20% during 2015, and this is thought to be the reason that the company has decided to cut costs by integrating its production.

Tim Yeo

Related Posts

Sky Broadband secures over one million customers

Comments Off on Sky Broadband secures over one million customers

Tiscali moves into quad-play with Toucan Mobile

Comments Off on Tiscali moves into quad-play with Toucan Mobile

GSMA calls for spectrum ‘refarm’

Comments Off on GSMA calls for spectrum ‘refarm’

PeerApp Announces Industry’s First 20 Gbps Media Cache Software

Comments Off on PeerApp Announces Industry’s First 20 Gbps Media Cache Software

HSL Giving Away Free Femtocells

Comments Off on HSL Giving Away Free Femtocells

Apertio takes over Netzwert AG

Comments Off on Apertio takes over Netzwert AG

400,000 Belgium digital TV customers for Telenet

Comments Off on 400,000 Belgium digital TV customers for Telenet

Mobile Interactive Group achieves exceptional growth

Comments Off on Mobile Interactive Group achieves exceptional growth

Timico acquires NewNet Plc

Comments Off on Timico acquires NewNet Plc

Ericsson’s weaker sales of mobile network upgrades affects Q3 profit

Comments Off on Ericsson’s weaker sales of mobile network upgrades affects Q3 profit

Isocore Completes Successful Interoperability Testing

Comments Off on Isocore Completes Successful Interoperability Testing

Intel extends Wi-Fi range to 60 Miles

Comments Off on Intel extends Wi-Fi range to 60 Miles

Create Account



Log In Your Account